And that included flight! Yes you read it right. My friends Avin Mascarenhas, Ashwin D’Costa and his sister Ashvitha D’Costa took a 8 nights 9 days trip to Singapore & Malaysia all by themselves. Here is there itinerary, budget and things not to do. Here is a summary of everything which will help you. (As I am not a travel blogger, I won’t be writing on the travel experience) They chose AirBnB and kept things simple.
|Day 1||Changi Jewel Airport Little India, Haji Lane, Arab Street, Bugis Street|
|Day 2||China Town, Garden by the bay-Flower dome, Cloud Forest, Super Tree Grove, OCBC Skyway Marina Bay Sands hotel Level 56th view Clarke Quay|
|Day 3||Universal Studios, Night Safari|
|Day 4||Sentosa Island- Madame Tussauds, Luge and Skyline Rides, Beaches Shopping at Mustafa Centre|
|Day 5||Singapore National Day Shopping at Bugis Street Crackers Show at Marina Bay Sands Depart to Malaysia|
|Day 6||Arrive in Kuala Lumpur KLCC Park Petronas Twin Towers Bukit Bintang Street|
|Day 7||Batu Caves Central Market (the oldest market) Kuala Lumpur Art Gallery Mardeka Square Sultan Abdul Samad Building|
|Day 8||Genting Highlands – Skytropolis Theme Park, Casino, Cable Car Ride Shopping at Lulu Hyper Market|
|Day 9||Shopping at Chinatown (Best place to bargain) KL Central Mall Depart to Mangalore|
|Shopping and Others||11,608|
Read: Cost of your outfit
Things not to do
- Night Safari in Singapore is waste of money and Time. There are few animals to see, some of them which are not even visible in the dark.
- The view from the Top of Petronas Twin Towers was not that great. Hence, they dropped the plan of KL Tower. (Petronas Twin Tower is more iconic)
- Singapore Food was Expensive. Therefore, they chose Indian cuisine.
- Be careful of robbery in Malaysia. Not as safe as Singapore.
- Since they are from Mangalore and there is no direct flight to Singapore, they had to take via Bengaluru. They say next time they would take the train or bus to Bengaluru to save around Rs.5,000
- In Malaysia, they just explored Kuala Lumpur. May be should have gone to Penang or Langkawi too. (Lesson Learnt)
- Were lucky enough to witness the Singapore National Day. It was an amazing experience.
So, pack your bags and tell me your Singapore Malaysia story.
The views herein are as told to me and not mine solely.