When I first ate Teriyaki chicken I thought that this is one dish I would always have to eat it at a restaurant. I found the flavors so blended that I thought it was going to a tough task and not worth trying at home. What happened will surprise you all! I tried making a different dish but it turned out to be Teriyaki chicken. Haha, funny but truth! So I too joined my uncle who cooks a dish first and then names it. So here I am with my Teriyaki chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken – 1 kg. Make pieces of medium size
- Red Chilly – 4-5 depending on the size
- Garlic – 10-15 cloves
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Maida – 3 tablespoons
- Corn starch – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon – 1 medium sized
- Soya Sauce- 1 teaspoon
- Egg – 1
- Black Pepper -2-3
- Make a thick paste of the above and marinate the chicken for 4 hours
For the gravy base
- Garlic -6-8 cloves finely chopped
- Ginger -1/4 inch finely chopped
- Soya Sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Schezwan sauce – 3 teaspoons
- Tomatoes – 4 blend finely in a mixer with a teaspoon of sugar
- Fresh Coriander – finely chopped
Put oil in a deep pan and fry the chicken. Do not deep fry. Let the chicken dip in the oil half its portion and the remaining half when you turn it. Fry till golden brown.
Once all the chicken is fried shift the same oil to a kadai and heat it. Add the finely chopped ginger garlic and fry till medium brown. Add the tomato puree and stir and fry it till the colour turns out to be red. This will take sometime. Add the schzewan sauce and the soya sauce. After a boil add the fresh coriander. Now add the fried chicken and sauté for a minute and your Teriyaki chicken is ready.